November 18, 2017, 03:14:15 pm

Author Topic: JTM Arena II: Transformers - Game Over! Skizzz Wins!  (Read 29143 times)

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
Re: JTM Arena II: Transformers - Game Over! Skizzz Wins!
« Reply #300 on: April 01, 2015, 10:42:38 am »
I was on that list? What did I do again?

YOU KILLED ME AT THE END OF DANGANRONPA. HOW COULD YOU FORGET?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
« Reply #301 on: April 01, 2015, 10:46:47 am »
D:!
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
かえるおねがい!

c:

Hecatom

• Lord of Destruction
  • Rye Toast
  • Aka Black Gorilla
  • Rated: +48
« Reply #302 on: April 01, 2015, 01:09:44 pm »
Man this game ended very quickly :(
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 2    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
"Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #303 on: April 01, 2015, 01:47:18 pm »
That's what happens when literally half of the players are killed by hazards.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1925
« Reply #304 on: April 01, 2015, 02:28:08 pm »
Wait, the game's over already? I didn't even get to use my coins to kill Augustus.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #305 on: April 01, 2015, 02:47:44 pm »
Why is everyone so mean to me?

:'(
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty x 1    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #306 on: April 01, 2015, 04:30:29 pm »
Why is everyone so mean to me?

:'(
I was on that list? What did I do again?

YOU KILLED ME AT THE END OF DANGANRONPA. HOW COULD YOU FORGET?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1925
« Reply #307 on: April 01, 2015, 04:30:46 pm »
But yeah, overall pros and cons of this game (imo):

Pros:
-Day 1 decision-making was super interesting. Having the mix-up between guaranteed safety and staying for better items at a risk was great.
-The amount of freedom in the Sponsor Lounge was cool. All of the different things you could do with your coins were really interesting.
-I like the starting +2 def everyone had for as long as the leaders were alive.

Cons:
-Day 2 seemed too early to reveal the extra ships. The 6 (or more) remaining players should've been forced to stay together with no escape for a while. Maybe only releasing one or two new ships every once in a while.
-Stage hazards were way too frequent/powerful. Having to defend on Day 3 instead of swinging my Fuel Truck at Augustus, purely because there was a 25% chance of dying if I didn't, sucked. Pimp Willy does a good job of stage hazards, with some being detrimental, but not deadly.
-Teamwork was encouraged a little too much. In Fire Emblem, it was a main mechanic. One or two 'support' characters is fine, but more than that discourages individual play.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
« Reply #308 on: April 01, 2015, 04:36:00 pm »
I agree. Besides the hazards, the game was fine. Except for the factions. How I would've done it (in no way am I saying my way is right, just an opinion) would be to have all the Autobots know who Optimus was, and all the Decepticons know who Megatron was, but outside of those two, nobody would know who was who. Leaders would know only their second in command (For example: Megatron would've known I was Starscream.) and nobody else.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Not sure what goes here.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1405
« Reply #309 on: April 01, 2015, 05:14:58 pm »
@Bious you ready with spies?
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +707
« Reply #310 on: April 01, 2015, 05:18:57 pm »
@Bious you ready with spies?

Wow, this game went fast. I got swamped with work and couldn't sponsor. 

If it's okay with everyone I'll start spies after Easter.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #311 on: April 01, 2015, 05:26:06 pm »
Sounds good.  Want to start signups now?
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #312 on: April 01, 2015, 05:43:47 pm »
I leave you all alone for one day and the game is over? Guess we'll have to save Metroplex for the sequel then.

GGs Skizzz :tup:
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +732
« Reply #313 on: April 01, 2015, 06:09:33 pm »
I agree. Besides the hazards, the game was fine. Except for the factions. How I would've done it (in no way am I saying my way is right, just an opinion) would be to have all the Autobots know who Optimus was, and all the Decepticons know who Megatron was, but outside of those two, nobody would know who was who. Leaders would know only their second in command (For example: Megatron would've known I was Starscream.) and nobody else.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This would have been a really interesting idea.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #314 on: April 01, 2015, 06:12:10 pm »
Yeah I thought the hazards started way too early.

Day 1 deaths due to hazards and not being able to get prepared for them is ridiculous.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +707
« Reply #315 on: April 01, 2015, 06:24:20 pm »

Saturday.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #316 on: April 01, 2015, 06:32:44 pm »
I still think hazards should work like in the first Arena.

Day1-2: No hazards
Day3: Hazard
Day4: No Hazard
Day5:Hazard

So on and so forth. This whole. "LOL IM THE GM AND IM GONNA JUST BOMBARD YOU WITH BULLSHIT!" is the whole reason I'm not playing anymore.

It's Arena. We shouldn't be focusing on survival. We should be focusing on killing each other. Kinda hard to kill other people when you're worried about x% chance of space rocks to the nuts or mandatory damage. The focus of these games is in the entirely wrong place. Stage hazards have a place most definitely. But as it stands they have been given far too large of a deciding role as of late. Hazards should be an inconvenient curve ball thrown at random. Not a guaranteed daily death sentence.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:33:29 pm by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #317 on: April 01, 2015, 07:03:30 pm »

Saturday.

No sweat.  You're already set up with privileges for doing so.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #318 on: April 02, 2015, 12:14:14 pm »
I think the "Escape from the planet before it blows up" thing was really nice because it gave you the option of risking that 10%/20%/30% chance of death with better gear than on Earth, or just bailing and trying to scavenge the Earth supplies first.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1512
« Reply #319 on: April 02, 2015, 01:05:33 pm »
Yeah, I liked how that was set up, honestly. You could get off the planet and avoid the random, or get stronger items by staying behind.

I think going from that, to a random time to land on the planet (2 phases for me), along with that planet having random damage each turn, teamed up with more random NPCs spawning, was just too much randomness.

I think the best challenges give you bonuses for certain actions, or nullify other actions (grouping players onto a boat for a phase, or giving a bonuses to attacks/defenses for a phase). You do need some damage possible, just to scare people, and also some mechanic for end game to make sure the game actually ends.

I also didn't personally like players able to go to the lounge and affect the game they just came from either
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +732
« Reply #320 on: April 02, 2015, 01:09:48 pm »
I also didn't personally like players able to go to the lounge and affect the game they just came from either

This was too strong, I agree; and led to the game ending quickly imo.  Originally I had wanted to make it so that even though a player dies (let's say early due to random), they can still "play" with sponsor coins. 

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #321 on: April 02, 2015, 01:22:27 pm »

I didn't have anything to do with how he felt about this mechanic! Honest!
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #322 on: April 02, 2015, 01:28:20 pm »
So you're the reason Forge died? That's actually really funny.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #323 on: April 02, 2015, 01:41:56 pm »

My original plan was to possess Forge and make her attack herself. But I couldnt do that.
Then I was gonna have her attack Skizzz and die from retaliation damage but Skizzz was in space and you dont attack back in this game.
PW was my only way to attack Forge and have it do anything. She avoided all ranged attacks. Plus PW easily decimated her defense.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
« Reply #324 on: April 02, 2015, 04:14:07 pm »
But I killed him too!

"No sacrifice, no victory"

But seriously, that was pretty broken. I'd like to believe that I had a pretty good chance of winning if TGG hadn't forced Prime to kill me.
かえるおねがい!

c:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #325 on: April 02, 2015, 04:19:03 pm »
In hindsight you should probably have made the "target player does target action" option more than the exact amount you give dead players when they enter the lounge.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #326 on: April 02, 2015, 04:39:47 pm »
In hindsight you should probably have made the "target player does target action" option more than the exact amount you give dead players when they enter the lounge.

Yeah I was looking at the sponsor menu to see what I could do. As soon as I seen "Control a player's action for one phase", none of the other options mattered because I was going for the revenge kill.

What the fuck else would a dead player do?

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #327 on: April 03, 2015, 12:10:26 am »
I sat on my coins for too long, I should have given Augustus the matrix like two phases ago le sigh

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #328 on: April 03, 2015, 07:27:53 am »

My original plan was to possess Forge and make her attack herself. But I couldnt do that.

Spoiler for Hiden:
If Turrretius doesn't want me to take control of Pimp for a turn. What are the limitations on that @jasonC? Can I force Pimp to attack himself?

I like the way you think sometimes Gamer. Please become a part of my evil scheme next time.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #329 on: April 03, 2015, 09:12:49 am »

You may be given the chance one day. If you're lucky.