December 11, 2017, 12:40:39 pm

Author Topic: Mafia Championship Season 2  (Read 16005 times)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +735
Re: Mafia Championship Season 2
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2015, 05:38:18 am »
@Thingyman, what's the website's policy on the words nigger, nigga, cunt and faggot?

Texted Syn to find out what day he finishes getting down to business to defeat the Huns.

@Missing Person, if the winner needs to go on Skype, then you need to send me, JTM's best looking member as your representative. Put me as a yes for that sole reason.

Not allowed

Alpha, - would you say that this weakens your ability to play at high level?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +267
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2015, 05:52:31 am »
I don't know how Alpha will function in an environment in which he can't lynch me. His good games have been really good though.
Chief has motivation and communication issues at times. Also the site will more than likely have a filter.
I have no doubt Syn would do very well, if he could get time off.
Augustus would need to tone down the "I'm the best~~~~~~" or be prepared to deal with people being stupid and assuming that different means Mafia.
MP has but the one irk about aggressively stating what is good and bad policy. It's annoying enough on one site, it could get tricky with players from 10 different sites.
I agree with TGG about Cobalt to an extent. Whether it was just because it was live or whether it was because of allegiance, he was displaying a lot of signs about his diabolical intentions. However, both of the games we've seen him play in he's played a solid civilian game. Our sample size is very small either way, though.

You bring up VERY good points. I always appreciate the nomination and while I still want to see what a game with no DQ's with 100% participation would be like, I have this gut feeling that the phone typing issues and the way I can come across to people at times will be detrimental to my game as well as the game as a whole. 

Id have to play as well as I did in Phoenix Wright 1 and South Park but anyone who read those could see my language wasnt really user friendly.

I also agree with Vynce. A huge chunk of the enjoyment for me comes from paying with fellow SRK brethren. The shenanigans in the SRK community alone keeps me coming back. Add mafia to that and the stage is set plenty of lol's and win.

GoC held at SRK? Im down. Period.
GoC held elsewhere?  I'm uncertain.

I didn't even read the last GoC MP and Syn played in so I'm not sure what the environment was like. If it's anything like SRK, keep me on the ballot. lol
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1407
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2015, 05:58:59 am »
It's not really.

Want off?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2015, 06:10:55 am »
Also if I make it, whoever I go with is required to play as Edgeworth. Last champions game we already did the Ryu and Ken thing.

Those are my terms.

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2015, 06:11:14 am »
It's not really.

Want off?

Well, shit. As a 6 time MVP, I am required to be nominated so, no, keep me on. :coffee:

I will read up on the rules and game layout and begin talks with my agent. We will have an answer for you before the end of the week. In the meantime, lets keep the thread discussion going. It is very educational. If the thread topic wasn't disclosed, I would think some of y'all were voting on your day 1 lynches. Trying to lynch Synonym and he ain't even here.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2015, 06:35:12 am »
It's not really.

Want off?

Well, shit. As a 6 time MVP, I am required to be nominated so, no, keep me on. :coffee:

My nigga.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2015, 06:36:11 am »
Also if I make it, whoever I go with is required to play as Edgeworth. Last champions game we already did the Ryu and Ken thing.

Those are my terms.

There's only one representative per site.

I say the rep has to wear either the toaster or Lando as their avatar.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2015, 06:42:29 am »
I do see merit now in sending someone for the experience.  They come back here and it benefits everyone's game (by playing stronger/better players).  And, in turn, making Syn and MP even better players (to crush GoC season 3 of course).  This vote will be tough.

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2015, 06:54:51 am »
Just read the first page of the first season 1 link. Why did I NOT know this mafia game is so huge? Dudes talking about draft picks and sh... stuff.

To top it off, ALL of those players have HUNDREDS of games under their belt and none of them have ever needed to use the word nigga. I cant even... wow

I fully expect to read an apology when someone votes to lynch me.  "Lynch The Chief... I swear Im not racist". If I get under someone's skin (which I will), the banner will change from a noose to a electric chair to avoid a potential public apology  request by the NAACP.

Jokes aside, I'm confidant I can play under the requested rules. If I get selected, I will give my full effort and represent JTM well. W or fail. But the will be the length of it. After that I will just play it by ear and see where what happens next.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1942
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2015, 08:27:36 am »

As long as faget, kent and nigglet get past the censor, it should be k.
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Thingyman

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +38
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2015, 08:41:58 am »

It gets past the censor, but not the moderators :P
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2015, 09:15:12 am »

Those are my terms.

There's only one representative per site.

I say the rep has to wear either the toaster or Lando as their avatar.

Oh. That sucks. I just assumed we were sending two like last time

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2015, 09:22:29 am »
Also I propose that we have our own spectator thread in addition to whatever thingyman sets up. That way we cab talk amongst ourselves about it if we want. That last Skype chat for season 1 moved a mile a second.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1517
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2015, 09:31:40 am »
Some selling points, on why you should vote for me.

Pros:
  • I've been part of SRK mafia for a long time; not game #1, but pretty damn close.
  • My Gming and revival with Zombie Apocalypse kickstarted the SRK Mafia revolution that led us to where we are today.
  • I coined key terms that are still used around here today, and even the website is based around; Jesus Toast and Wallflowering for instance.
  • My ability to think outside the box, and make something out of nothing is nearly unrivaled.
  • I am a very solid player, overall. I prefer mafia or roleless over any other role; and in fact, that is perfect for the upcoming game format.
  • Very flexible player. I can play to look squeeky clean. I can play to look dirty to avoid night kills, and defend myself well enough to avoid the lynches. I can be aggressive, or passive; wallflower or heavy poster. Whatever the situation calls for, I will be able to fulfill
  • I am not one to get intimidated by the other "All Stars" being sent from other forums
  • I bring a bit of the JTM flair without the need for the mods to step in regarding my language, unlike some kappa

Cons
  • Bad win rate. I had the worst win rate for a long time on SRK. My ability to seemingly always end up on the losing team is legendary. However, despite this, I think people still agree that my gameplay is in fact solid.
  • Not seen to try as hard as maybe some of the others. And in fact, this was true; when JTM was launching and when the last game of champions came around, I didn't really want it so much. But I'm hungry now. I want the win, and I want to prove myself. /li]

• Like x 3    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2015, 10:11:28 am »
Here's why you should pick me:

Pros:
-Alpha would cry

Cons:
-It's me

Make your choice, fellow Toasters
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree x 1    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2015, 10:18:58 am »
Pros to Vote me:
I take the game VERY seriously.
I play to win.

Cons to Voting me:
I take the game VERY seriously.
I pay to win.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2015, 10:36:58 am »
Some selling points, on why you should vote for me.

Pros:
  • I bring a bit of the JTM flair without the need for the mods to step in regarding my language, unlike some kappa

Fuck you, you nigger faggot cunt, everyone on this website is exceptionally well behaved.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 3    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2015, 10:53:12 am »
Pros for voting me:
There are no cons.

I'm not gonna politician this. If you want me to play then you know what to do.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2015, 10:55:57 am »
Pros for voting me:
- Would help to spread the Church of Turretius to other sites

-
Spoiler for Hiden:

Cons:
- Everything outside of that so don't vote for me
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2015, 07:14:20 pm »
Pros for voting me:
There are no cons.

I'm not gonna politician this. If you want me to play then you know what to do.

Same here, you know my track record, you know what I can do when I'm on and want the W, and you know I want to bring it home.

Everyone else in the running seems to as well, so vote for who you guys think is gonna make that happen when the polls open.  If I get in, awesome, I'm going to rep JTM well.  If not, I'll be cheering on our representative.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2015, 01:00:21 am »

It gets past the censor, but not the moderators :P

I know this way too well.

And it definitely won't make it past dils.

Who can go get AIDS.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2015, 07:25:08 am »
I've been thinking about @Thingyman's ranking suggestion, and I think this may be the best way to do this.  I also see him implementing this at 2+2, but we could modify it a bit.

We've basically agreed on 6 people to be on the ballot, with a potential 7th barring his own approval in Synonym.  So everybody should be ranking their top 7 (6 if @Synonym declines).  If you are on the ballot, you must automatically rank yourself last.

Each rank on the list would get a decreasing amount of points.

1= 8 points
2 = 7 points
3 = 6 points
4 = 5 points
5 = 4 points
6 = 3 points
7 = 2 points

No lobbying allowed, especially outside of the thread.  If you do, if you engage in shady dealings to get better ranks on people's lists, you are DQ'd from the nomination process.  If a nominee PM's you asking you to consider them or offering something, PM @ForgeDigger about it.

At the end, Forge will count up the point totals, and then she will announce the winner.  She won't announce anything else, no lists, no points, nothing, just who was #1 in the end.

Sound good to everyone else?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:28:31 am by Missing Person »

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2015, 07:27:08 am »
Sorry Vynce, looks like Pimp Willy won't be buying you that game console.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2015, 07:32:06 am »
Sounds good.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1517
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2015, 07:42:12 am »

I already did

I also just edited everyones PMs to forge at the database level ranking me #1, so theres that
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 2    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2015, 07:52:55 am »

I already did

I also just edited everyones PMs to forge at the database level ranking me #1, so theres that

But...votes haven't started yet because we don't know if Synonym's in or out.

I mean we could start now, and if he opts out, then whoever is beneath him on people's lists could be moved up a slot.  Forge would have to literally be in charge of pinging and contacting everyone who's played mafia to vote.

Should we count SRKers + JTMers who have played a game with us before, JTMers who have played mafia but not on JTM (e.g. Skizzz), or just JTMers who have played before (thus, literally 35 potential voters, including Simple Machine, cloudbreath9, Icege, Saitsu, and Synonym because PG 2)?  If just JTM who've played on JTM, do we also count Live players, thus potentially giving Raevyn, Tao Te Ching, & Skizzz votes, since they've played with some of the nominees on Zoom?

Once we know that, we could start the voting process and set a deadline.  Thingyman wants our delegate name by April 1st.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:01:18 am by Missing Person »

Thingyman

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2015, 08:52:29 am »
Which community is JTM? Would they be able to send an active representative?

edit: oh, that's ofc Jesus Toast Mafia, the phrasing "should we count JTM'ers who played a game with us before" threw me off
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:53:37 am by Thingyman »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 3    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +624
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2015, 10:08:07 am »
I like the idea that people who have participated with us in a JTM game (whether it be in the actual forum mafia or in the spectators lounge) get a vote. I feel like a ranking list from someone else would be almost arbitrary, as anyone who that set doesn't include hasn't really experienced what the candidates play like.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2015, 01:33:40 pm »
I'm not gonna opt completely out. I mean I think there are a ton of better choices than me but if someone wants to put me on their list I'm not gonna object, I wouldn't say no to going.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
  • Rated: +564
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2015, 03:39:25 pm »
Pimp PM me for my address!

He lost a bet. This is unrelated to this game or me voting all my votes for him.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2015, 05:02:19 pm »
If anyone seconds Cobalt, I'll put him on the list. If not, @ForgeDigger, can we start the voting process soon and then bump off Syn if he opts out?

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2015, 05:03:00 pm »
I'm ready whenever. :)
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2015, 05:03:23 pm »
I'm ready whenever. :)

And you're okay with the list process?

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2015, 05:07:26 pm »
Yep.

Should the deadline be Saturday  night(12 AM (between Saturday and Sunday) CST)? That gives a couple of days in case something happens. And I think 5 days of votes is plenty.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:07:44 pm by ForgeDigger »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2015, 06:52:07 pm »
Yep.

Should the deadline be Saturday  night(12 AM (between Saturday and Sunday) CST)? That gives a couple of days in case something happens. And I think 5 days of votes is plenty.

Alright cool, I guess start it then?  Ping everybody, PM OZ on SRK since you know he won't check here unless he's in a game, and start tallying votes.  Make sure the rules of this are repeated in your post.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:52:28 pm by Missing Person »

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2015, 07:30:36 pm »
The thread's up. All the information about voting is there.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Thingyman

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2015, 12:32:20 pm »
Hi guys!

I just wanted to stop by, say hello, and let you all know that the 2015 Mafia Championship Finale Game has officially begun!

Link to game thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.net/threads/269-The-2015-Mafia-Championship-Finale

I started this whole thing 2 years ago. Now here we are at the conclusion of season 2; 70 representatives from 70 different communities battled it out, and now it's time to crown the ultimate winner -- the internet's reigning forum mafia champion :)

I hope you'll enjoy the read, and I hope I'll see your community represented again in season 3 - OR, even better, I hope I'll see you for any other upcoming fun cross-community events.

In case you're interested in spectating and talking with others about the game (or, hell, if you just want to shoot the breeze with other mafia enthusiasts), we are a horde of 110+ people on Skype who'd love to chat with you (or you can just quietly lurk, if you prefer). Add me, if you'd like an invite: thingyman

P.S. @Missing Person - I'm totally down for that podcast :P

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2015, 12:45:21 pm »
Ooh. Signed up for the new forum.

Also, will be reading the finale game.