July 23, 2017, 03:39:02 am

Author Topic: JTM ARENA II: TRANSFORMERS SIGN-UPS THREAD  (Read 9493 times)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +729
JTM ARENA II: TRANSFORMERS SIGN-UPS THREAD
« on: March 19, 2015, 11:39:53 am »

Introduction
Earth Year 2048 A.D. Cybertron – a cybernetic planet, home to sentient giant robots able to mechanically change their form.  The planet is under attack by Unicron – a planet-eating monstrosity, with a never-ending thirst for energon – the life blood of every planet.  Thus begins the story of how this robot race survived.  They are the Transformers.

Objective
To be the last one standing.  In the event that there is no survivor, the player who held The Matrix of Leadership the longest wins.  Multiple players can win if they defeat Unicron (nigh impossible so don’t even try).

What is Arena?
Players are randomly given unique secret roles with special abilities and placed into an arena where the objective is to be the last one standing.  Sponsors watch the game from the Sponsor Lounge and can affect gameplay by spending sponsor coins.  This game shall have a cap of 14 players (7 Autobots and 7 Decepticons).  Players submit actions during each phase to help themselves win.

Actions:
All actions must be submitted via PM to the GM.  Players may perform one main action per phase and may be changed up until the phase end deadline.

There are 7 main actions:

Attack – Target another player or NPC.  They die if their defense is less than what they are attacked for (totaled from all attackers) that phase.

Defend – Increase target player’s defense by your defense rating this phase.  You may target yourself.

Stealth – During the next phase, avoid all damage and gain +1 atk.  Cannot Stealth two phases in a row.

Evade – Dodge all damage this phase.  Cannot Evade or Defend the following phase.

Scavenge – Pick up a target weapon, armor, or item from the list.  Scavenges where multiple players are targeting the same item will be randomly resolved. 

TRANSFORM! - Player-specific ability that uses energon (explained further below).  An attempt to TRANSFORM! with an energon deficit results in a 10%/n success rate where n is the number of deficit energon.

Infuse – Spend 4 energon to increase the die size of a weapon you own.  Or spend 2 energon to increase your energon capacity by 1.

Main actions resolve simultaneously.  The results of the main actions will be announced by the GM in the end-of-phase write-ups.

Additionally, you may drop, use, trade, or destroy items (energon included) at any time before your main action occurs.  The GM will announce the results of these actions as soon as possible in the main thread.

Items
Players have two hands to carry weapons, one armor slot, and unlimited space to carry miscellaneous items.  Weapons and armor are automatically equipped when scavenged.

Energon
Each player starts with 0 energon cubes and has a capacity to store 3 energon cubes.  If a player is carrying more energon cubes above their capacity for two phases in a row, the energon will explode resulting in the player losing all his energon, and receiving -2 defense and having his action canceled for that phase.  Each time a player scavenges energon from a non-depleted source, there is a 30% chance that they scavenge two (2) energon instead of one.  When an energon source is depleted, a player may still attempt to scavenge energon with a 10% success rate.

Sponsors
Instead of signing up as a player, you can sign up as a sponsor which will give you access to the sponsor lounge to spectate and affect gameplay using sponsor coins.  The sponsor purchase menu is hidden from players in the arena.  Purchases will be announced anonymously in thread at time of purchase.

Side bets allowed! Sponsor coins can be wagered amongst sponsors for in-game occurrences – GM to make final ruling on all side bets.

Sponsors start with 3 coins.  Upon death, players will be granted 2 coins and access into the lounge!

Phases
On weekdays, phases will last 24 hours ending at 12PM EST.  On weekends, phases will last 36 hours (Fri 12PM, Sat 12AM, Mon 12PM).

Additional Rules
1. PMs are not allowed!  If someone PMs you regarding the game, please report it to the GM and appropriate action will be taken.  This also includes any communication through other means (e.g. gchat, Skype, ICQ). Please keep game talk in the game threads.
2. No alt accounts!  Attempts to sponsor yourself through fake accounts will be highly looked down upon.
3. As long as OPTIMUS PRIME is alive, Autobots have +2 def.
4. As long as MEGATRON is alive, Decepticons have +2 def.
5. When all Autobots are dead, all Decepticons start following phase with 3 energon.
6. When all Decepticons are dead, all Autobots start following phase with 3 energon.
7. Attacking barehanded is considered 0d1 atk.

If more than 14 players sign up, the players shall be chosen via lottery.  The players not selected will automatically be entered into the Sponsors' Lounge.  The game will start Wednesday, 3/25 at 12PM EST.  Signs up to be a player will end at 11:30 AM on 3/25.  Sponsors may continue to sign up for as long as the game is running.

To sign up as a player, there are until player sign-ups are closed  The game will start 30 minutes thereafter.

Players:
1. Augustus
2. Blindknagg
3. ✰Alpha✰
4. ForgeDigger
5. Fruit Punch Samurai G
6. Hecatom
7. Raevyn
8. Missing Person
9. Wheels83
10. Pimp Willy
11. XthAtGAm3RGuYX
12. drwill439
13. ZOOLANDER
14. Skizzz
15. Sumazndude
16. kaz

Sponsors:
1. BeigeSand
2. Cobalt
3. Bious
4. Aidebit
5. Vynce
6. RadicalFuzz

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:08:35 am by jasonC »
  • Like x 3    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
Re: JTM ARENA II: TRANSFORMERS SIGN-UPS THREAD
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 11:41:12 am »
Sign me up.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 11:43:53 am »
I'm in. You better give me Jazz :tup:.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 11:47:43 am »
I'm in. You better give me Jazz :tup:.

Roles will be randomly assigned.  :tup:
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

BeigeSand

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +145
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 11:50:12 am »
I'll be a sponsor, don't have time to actually play in the arena :P

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 11:51:58 am »
You could always do like Chief(or was it Vynce?) did last game and check out after day one and still outlive half of the players.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1896
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 11:52:51 am »
Is this game gonna have items that your character needs to get stronger, with no way to actually acquire them?

If not, I'm in.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +604
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 12:06:00 pm »
calling barricade, I don't care who I get.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +370
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 12:07:21 pm »
Sign me up.

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 12:09:51 pm »
Count me in.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 01:41:42 pm »
Jesus bro mafia JUST ended today.

I'm still around for games but I dont think I have an Arena bout in me right now. Being the third party vigi was stressful enough. I'm not exactly eager to have all players facing against me so soon.

And like I said, while appreciated the effort that went into it, Fire Emblem left a bad taste in my mouth.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 01:43:54 pm »
This ain't Fire Emblem.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 01:59:09 pm »
This ain't Fire Emblem.

Yeah but it still made me not want to play Arena for awhile.

How hard are you going to butt fuck the players with stage hazards?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 02:01:30 pm »
:coffee:
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 02:02:29 pm »
From a game design standpoint, I tried to take elements that were fun from all the different games that I've been playing and tried to incorporate it into this one.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1496
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 02:10:47 pm »
I'll be your huckleberry
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 03:07:05 pm »
Sponsor.

I need to be behind the scenes a bit. Besides, I make enemies quick in Arena games. @___@

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 03:39:14 pm »
:coffee:

The question was more like "Will there be a new stage hazard every phase, and will they completely distract the players from killing each other from beginning to end?"

Raevyn

• The Incredible Flake
  • Moldy Toast
  • I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
  • Rated: +37
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 04:18:22 pm »
Sign me up!

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1394
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 04:31:33 pm »
In

私はロン•バーガンデイですか?

"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Wheels83

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +2
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 05:59:45 pm »
Sign me up!

Wheels83

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +2
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 06:00:14 pm »
Sign me up!

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 06:03:51 pm »
Finally got you in a game.
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 06:13:44 pm »
Fitting name is fitting.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 06:24:29 pm »
The question was more like "Will there be a new stage hazard every phase, and will they completely distract the players from killing each other from beginning to end?"

There will be Arena hazards.  I don't want to spoil the surprises, so I am being vague with my answer.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:25:34 pm by jasonC »

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 06:29:36 pm »
I'll be your huckleberry

I'm going to assume that you are signing up.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +700
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 06:30:17 pm »
Sponsor seat please.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 06:41:39 pm »
*sigh*

Fiiiiiiiine.

I'll play. Make it worth my while. You seem to have a lot of faith in this game. You even asked me if I would play before Breaking Bad started. I'll give it a shot.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 06:42:02 pm »
Sponsor seat please.
Hi! :v

Haven't interacted with you before, should be a fun time.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree x 1    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 12:09:42 am »
From a game design standpoint, I tried to take elements that were fun from all the different games that I've been playing and tried to incorporate it into this one.

Oh, so you're using elements from Ratchet: Gladiator and none of the other games?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 3    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 01:02:08 am »
Sign me up baby, I'm ready to mess with people so hard.

As a sponsor.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2015, 07:21:41 am »
Where you at, @Vynce (?)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
  • Rated: +561
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2015, 07:25:28 am »
I'll be a sponsor; I really don't care for arena games.

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +700
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2015, 07:50:22 am »
Sponsor seat please.
Hi! :v

Haven't interacted with you before, should be a fun time.

I'll PM you my PayPal account.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2015, 09:53:52 am »
Sponsor.

I need to be behind the scenes a bit. Besides, I make enemies quick in Arena games. @___@

Just curious - have you played something like this before?  The ones that have been run here are pretty much homebrew.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2015, 10:45:50 am »
Sponsor.

Just curious - have you played something like this before?  The ones that have been run here are pretty much homebrew.

I had run the game (Pimp Willy's) elsewhere. And I specifically stated that I did not create it - before anyone says something.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1496
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2015, 11:11:09 am »
Sponsor.

I had run the game (Pimp Willy's) elsewhere. And I specifically stated that I did not create it - before anyone says something.

But I got my pitchforks going and everything.

Also, I don't completely understand; I had somebody else who wanted to run an arena game and PMd me making sure I wouldn't be upset. Personally, I think its awesome that the game was interesting enough to spread and be played elsewhere, run the shit out of it!
  • Like x 3    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2015, 12:30:08 pm »
Yo sponsors thread is gonna be LIT

@Vynce I'm so ready.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2015, 05:40:23 am »

Husk

• HLA
  • Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +24
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2015, 05:42:09 am »
Paging @Husk @Leaflord @Sumazndude
Unfortunately, I am still without a working computer, reliable internet service or a place to live.

Thanks for the page - if all things were normal, I would definitely play.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2015, 05:57:31 am »
No sweat dude, sorry to hear and hope your situation normalizes with the quickness.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2015, 07:18:07 am »
Also what about @drwill439, @The Chief, and @GodotsRevenge?

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2015, 07:18:30 am »
Me

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like x 3    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)
Not sure what goes here.

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2015, 07:18:40 am »
I want in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not sure what goes here.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2015, 08:22:59 am »
From Pertho:
#EastTexasPeopleSuckDicks
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2015, 08:44:34 am »
From Pertho:
#EastTexasPeopleSuckDicks

Yeah, especially those Cypress faggots.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2015, 11:30:22 am »
Good thing I don't live there. Those guys sound like pussies.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2015, 12:48:11 pm »
The game will start this Wednesday at 12 PM EST.  Sign ups to be a player end at 11:30 AM that day before roles are assigned.  Sponsors can continue to sign up as long as the game is running.  Tell your friends before it's too late!

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2015, 12:58:16 pm »
Oh, Zoo's playing?

Fuck yeah free Day 2 kill.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +100
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2015, 03:59:21 pm »
Ill play
  • Like x 2    Dislike x 1    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)