November 24, 2017, 08:53:06 am

Author Topic: **Not Mafia Related** - Any RPers out there?  (Read 3011 times)

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
**Not Mafia Related** - Any RPers out there?
« on: March 18, 2015, 08:50:05 pm »
GOOD EVENING. So, I noticed that the writing quality in the mock writeup thread was certainly more than up to snuff (*COUGH @RadicalFuzz COUGH @Missing Person COUGH @ForgeDigger COUGH @Pimp Willy *) and it gave me an idea of bringing this here to see what you cunt muffins think.

So myself and @Raevyn who just recently joined the forum are admins on an independent roleplaying site that's been in development for almost two years - many setbacks and real life got in the way one too many times, but all three of us (there's one other admin) are now back and ready for action, but there's still a lot of work we have to get done on the site before we even think of totally launching it. We're also seeking a dedicated graphics mod if any of you idiots know how to code a jcink skin.

I'd like to see some opinions, what you guys think, what may need to be worked on as far as making the site more guest-friendly, and also we're seeking one or two dedicated individuals (some of you fuckers are ALWAYS around in mafia which means you'd be great at quick replies if you write) to maybe join the site and make a character, get involved with our plot, and stick with us as we move things slowly along for a little bit. It's gonna be a crazy ride once we get everything up and running, likely early summer.

If you aren't familiar with sites like these, basically you create a character in the given application format with a celebrity face claim - actor, musician, whichever fits your character the best. (I've created whole characters specifically to use certain face claims of my favorite actors.) Also, a sample of your writing is attached - write your character a small little scene to set the tone for them and show the admins what you can do. When it gets approved, you plot with other players and their characters and then you get started on threads, the scenes.

It's really fun, and as a writer, it's a GREAT exercise (I've pursued it this long because I don't write much fiction anymore but when I do, this keeps me in shape with my writing) and honestly it's really really fun to ship your characters and have drama and action and sex (yes, this is allowed).

ANYWAY, take a peek!

http://gatesofelysia.b1.jcink.com

I'm Zephyr over there, Raevyn is Eris. Poke around, let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:58:48 pm by Cobalt »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1405
Re: **Not Mafia Related** - Any RPers out there?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 09:14:02 pm »
I'm not much on it.  I probably could, but I just don't know if I have the investment for it.

I'll definitely poke around though.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 09:17:43 pm »
I'm not much on it.  I probably could, but I just don't know if I have the investment for it.

I'll definitely poke around though.
At this point there's little to invest in because we aren't even actively posting; the other two active members have trailed out and one may be coming back eventually, but we're pulling back to do some tweaking and are just trying to get some people involved. Low stress. :)
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 09:20:03 pm »
Interesting idea, but I got out of RPing a long time ago. :P
かえるおねがい!

c:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 09:25:19 pm »
Characters that go missing for extended periods of time will be considered a "Missing Person"

Damn you, I can feel the air-quotes here.

One big thing that irks me is how every single page on the site has the "main box" in the very front. I get that it has important stuff like site updates and whatnot, but it's annoying. It'd be like if this site had a box that said "Ongoing Mafia Games: Breaking Bad (GM: Pimp Willy) [link]" and ten other things that you'd have to scroll past before you got to the actual content of the site. If it was just a small portion of the screen then it'd be fine, but it's a large part of every page. I'd suggest keeping it on the homepage, so everyone will still see it, but removing it from the other parts of the site.

Let me make sure I have this right: Make a character, write about that character engaging in various shenanigans with other member-created characters, repeat?

Also, do they tend to be short interactions or long-term "campaigns" for lack of a better word?

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 09:31:11 pm »
Characters that go missing for extended periods of time will be considered a "Missing Person"

Damn you, I can feel the air-quotes here.

One big thing that irks me is how every single page on the site has the "main box" in the very front. I get that it has important stuff like site updates and whatnot, but it's annoying. It'd be like if this site had a box that said "Ongoing Mafia Games: Breaking Bad (GM: Pimp Willy) [link]" and ten other things that you'd have to scroll past before you got to the actual content of the site. If it was just a small portion of the screen then it'd be fine, but it's a large part of every page. I'd suggest keeping it on the homepage, so everyone will still see it, but removing it from the other parts of the site.

Let me make sure I have this right: Make a character, write about that character engaging in various shenanigans with other member-created characters, repeat?

Also, do they tend to be short interactions or long-term "campaigns" for lack of a better word?
Threading is a back-and-forth process, and threads be as short or as long as both players feel they should be to flesh out their scene and accomplish their objectives with the plot.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 09:31:37 pm »
However, more involved site plots with multiple characters will be something that will happen in the future. But that's the basic gist of it, yes.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1512
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 10:19:54 pm »
The last time I did any sort of forum RPing was based around Pokemon, actually. I had a guy who inherited a gym, and would throw tournaments, have badge battles, etc. Been a very, very long time since that actually.

Completely random story, there was a girl on there and our characters ended up having some sex roleplay. See, we had the fun, frilly front, and then the sordid, dirty back. The entire point of RP is dirty sex, right? So, we used to have the forum stuff, and then we also had IRC chatrooms. So people would have risque stuff there.

I went and visited her once in san francisco, with her boyfriend. Pretty boring stuff, we watched the Pokemon cartoons that had been banned she had, and we went to a theme park.

A few years later, I went up to visit her in Seattle, where she lived. another one of the people from the forum was supposed to come up and visit us, too, a girl who I had been chatting with, cyber rping, even phone sex (don't judge young me : ( ). We were gonna actually enjoy ourselves, if you know what I mean. Only she never showed up, some excuse why she couldnt come, I dunno. So that sucked. But during that trip, me and the girl with the boyfriend, whose house I was staying in, ended up on the computers, back to back, in the same room.

and we ended up in the Pokemon irc roleplay  channel.

and one thing led to another...

and we cybered right there. In the same room. In the house she was staying at with her boyfriend. Nothing happened physically, but in that roleplay personas, we sure enjoyed it.

Probably the most... odd experience, thinking back on it. I had almost completely forgotten about it lol.

What was I saying?

Oh yeah. I'll check it out. Not sure I can really commit to something like that again, unless you want to see my evil nurse jenny roleplay character dusted off.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +733
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 03:27:28 am »
Straight Edge, indeed!  (I apologize for this RP-taboo one-liner)
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Jesus Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1928
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 03:43:26 am »
I put on my robe and wizard hat.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 03:43:43 am by ✰Alpha✰ »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 07:14:30 pm »
phone sex

God damn that takes me back to 7th grade.

Do people even still do that? I feel like sexting probably made it obsolete.

Fun Fact: I'm from the initial generation that made sexting so cool and hip with the kids these days. Got in trouble for it too. Before minors could get court charges for it. Dodged a bullet there because me and my girlfriend got caught. Fucking text message transcripts. You can gargle my balls Verizon.

Anyway, I can get REALLY into characters but full out RP isn't my thing. Takes far more dedication than I am willing to put up with. Plus talking like the characters is a pain in the ass. Von Karma is easy because I just have to spam every variant of the word "fool".

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +733
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 06:43:05 am »
Let us know if your site gets up and running, I might get involved.  And yea, it currently looks pretty messy lol.  Fuzz's comments are spot on.

Neesa

• Tsundere as fuck.
  • Rye Toast
  • I'm just here to write.
  • Rated: +50
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 05:04:09 pm »
Oh man. I legit love to RP. RPing actually helped me out when I was in like, 7th/8th grade with story writing. Learning how to get in depth and describe something so your words can portray the image to your partner or reader's minds, how to be engaging, make fun dialogue and interactions? Love it. I don't do it often, but when I do, I go balls to the wall with it. Para-RP and all that jazz.

8)
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
I-it's not like, I like you or anything...b-baka!

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 10:42:41 am »
Oh man. I legit love to RP. RPing actually helped me out when I was in like, 7th/8th grade with story writing. Learning how to get in depth and describe something so your words can portray the image to your partner or reader's minds, how to be engaging, make fun dialogue and interactions? Love it. I don't do it often, but when I do, I go balls to the wall with it. Para-RP and all that jazz.

8)
omg yaas Neesa, slay me. You should write up a bio for my site for fun. We haven't launched yet but now that classes are over for us 3 admins we're gonna be doing some work and launching mid-summer.

Rosettalia

• Toast with Sprinkles
  • Moldy Toast
  • "I try to show cuteness in a traumatic way" ~ KPP
  • Rated: +20
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 08:32:01 pm »
I'm in to RPing.  ;D  I'd love to join you, but if the sexting is a regular thing in there it might upset DrWilgy if I join you, so I'm not so sure. Is it avoidable?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +792
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 08:57:31 pm »
I put on my wizard hat and robe.

Tooooooooooooooooooggggggsssssssssss.

• Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 11:22:04 pm »
I put on my wizard hat and robe.
qwBF:HIQWFHPEGREWGIHREFBPI@HFWEIDFFEwdslv;'rlehtn4hr;etn'3h5t4n;

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 11:23:04 pm »
I'm in to RPing.  ;D  I'd love to join you, but if the sexting is a regular thing in there it might upset DrWilgy if I join you, so I'm not so sure. Is it avoidable?
Explicit threads are tagged as such, and members post their comfort levels which state what they are and are not comfortable with playing out so that it's safe for everyone of all sensitivities. I don't think there will be much sex until things really get rolling.