November 21, 2017, 07:48:57 am

Author Topic: JTM Mafia #3: Spy vs Spy Night 7.1 (Endgame) (Civ's win!)  (Read 116956 times)

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
  • Rated: +134
Re: JTM Mafia #3: Spy vs Spy Day 1 (Spies Among Us)
« Reply #500 on: April 12, 2015, 08:28:00 pm »
snip other quotes

It only makes sense depending on the style mafia is going to play this game. A survival mafia would conserve bomberman by pushing him in front of a starting lynch train or attracting the attention of the Vig. But I'm almost certain that an aggressive mafia would take advantage of the Black Widow mis-reveal, potentially exposing the counterclaim (and the person who's the widow) and the widow reveal himself to the bomberman, giving mafia now 3 extra potential kills (one mislynch, one from Widow, one from Bomberman lynch)

Actually I just realized that the kill would belong to the Widow. Am I correct in assuming that if we kill the Widow after reveal, the mafia won't have an extra kill to use?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +267
« Reply #501 on: April 12, 2015, 08:28:10 pm »
From what I understand, lynching the bomb is not a bad thing. 1 civ for 1 mafia is worth it. Am I missing something?

I also doubt the person Widow revealed herself to will come forward (unless its Alpha).

What is this conversation getting at?

It would behoove them to, honestly.  Better to do it now, and then if they die, and Black Widow later converts, we know who to lynch.

We don't even need to lynch the traitor yet.  But we need to know their identity in case the game doesn't end with killing the mafia.  If a civ holds out on the identity of the traitor, then gets night killed, it shoots us in the foot.

Also a fair point, we'd lose the only person that have the info and prevent an extra kill from the mafia.

In case someone misunderstand me, I'm not saying that the person in question should not come forward but we need to approach with absolute skepticism and perform strict scrutiny to capture the intention of the person in question and watch for a possible mafia power play.

This is what I mean. If we want the person visited to come forward they need to feel like it's the best thing to do. If we're going to scrutinize and crucify them for it they probably won't bother.

The Bomb would only feel obligated to claim they were visited if they felt they had an ideal candidate to take with them, but best case scenario for mafia is to keep all their players alive and not throw any of their guys in harms way.

Does this make sense?

It only makes sense depending on the style mafia is going to play this game. A survival mafia would conserve bomberman by pushing him in front of a starting lynch train or attracting the attention of the Vig. But I'm almost certain that an aggressive mafia would take advantage of the Black Widow mis-reveal, potentially exposing the counterclaim (and the person who's the widow) and the widow reveal himself to the bomberman, giving mafia now 3 extra potential kills (one mislynch, one from Widow, one from Bomberman lynch)

We'll know when someone claims, but this conversation alone tells the person who got the name not to reveal it because they will be branded mafia.

The damage has already been done so its a bridge we will have to cross when we get to it.

@Pimp Willy - Not really. I'm acknowledging the possibility that he could.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #502 on: April 12, 2015, 08:35:54 pm »
I'm also not a fan of DrWilgy.  I'll re-evaluate in the next cycle.
Spoiler for Hiden:

While I agree with descuff about the need to take caution on the advent of losing 2 civs, we also need to not give into fear. Fear is the enemy my friends. If we go about fearing each other then how can we get along and avenge our friends?

Who is still on board with the lynch chief idea? If everyone who still thinks that is a good idea please step forward to further my study!

breadcrumbs?
HYES! Allow me to explain how these breadcrumbs are an elaborate trail leading to my demise! I don't know what that post was about... I assumed it was in regards to me not explaining my vote.

I'm not too sure about this. With the vigi not activated, wouldn't survival mafia be easier to accomplish? at least until all the variables are out of the way, and with the grey already being gone I can't expect that to last much longer. If my gut is right I would assume that the Maf would make their move in response to the widow-contactee stepping up or if medic dies.

Lastly I cast detect alignment on TGG *Rolls a 2 out of 20*       ...welp
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
« Reply #503 on: April 12, 2015, 08:42:48 pm »
Hail Satan.

Lynch: Fruit Punch Samurai G

No, I'm not quitting.
I'm guessing this means what I think it means? @Fruit Punch Samurai G get your sorry butt in here.

TGG - I'm having trouble understanding your logic. We started with 20 players - 14/4/1 gray/1 traitor - and now we're at 18 - 13/4/1 traitor - right? Giving up a civilian for a mafia is not a horrible idea. We'd still be 13/3/1 (and then 12/3/1 after the night kill), which still gives us a pretty good amount of time to find the other mafia. I see how lynching the bomb later might be a bad idea, but otherwise I'm not really seeing your concern.

That's also assuming we don't lynch the widow today. Which we probably are.
かえるおねがい!

c:

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #504 on: April 12, 2015, 08:45:07 pm »
Fear is the enemy my friends. If we go about fearing each other then how can we get along and avenge our friends?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
« Reply #505 on: April 12, 2015, 08:45:35 pm »
I can explain...
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #506 on: April 12, 2015, 08:46:03 pm »
We'll know when someone claims, but this conversation alone tells the person who got the name not to reveal it because they will be branded mafia.

The damage has already been done so its a bridge we will have to cross when we get to it.

Oh! please let the person with the name step up now! that would be amazing! Either that or Chief is a madder person than I, and has successfully set up the conversation so that if Chief knows the name, they don't need to reveal!
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF x 1    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1405
« Reply #507 on: April 12, 2015, 08:46:12 pm »
Lynch Fruit Punch Samurai G

Someone seriously fell for the Godonic the Revedgehog play again?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #508 on: April 12, 2015, 08:50:03 pm »
I'd rather lynch descuffphoenix today, because I'm most sure of his mafia alignment now.

But I know everyone's going to go for the convenient lynch and get the traitor out first.
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #509 on: April 12, 2015, 08:55:41 pm »
I can explain...

Are we going to be kept all night for an explanation?

Lynch Fruit Punch Samurai G

I'd rather lynch descuffphoenix today, because I'm most sure of his mafia alignment now.

But I know everyone's going to go for the convenient lynch and get the traitor out first.

What make you so sure? Why a radical shift from null civ to mostly mafia? My defense of Cobalt? The death of Augustus (who thought I was leaning civ)? My pointing out a likely mafia strategy? My tone?

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #510 on: April 12, 2015, 08:59:59 pm »
Hail Satan.

Lynch: Fruit Punch Samurai G

No, I'm not quitting.
I'm guessing this means what I think it means? @Fruit Punch Samurai G get your sorry butt in here.
Oh boi!!! how did I miss this!? Does this mean what I think it means as well?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #511 on: April 12, 2015, 09:15:37 pm »

TGG - I'm having trouble understanding your logic. We started with 20 players - 14/4/1 gray/1 traitor - and now we're at 18 - 13/4/1 traitor - right? Giving up a civilian for a mafia is not a horrible idea. We'd still be 13/3/1 (and then 12/3/1 after the night kill), which still gives us a pretty good amount of time to find the other mafia. I see how lynching the bomb later might be a bad idea, but otherwise I'm not really seeing your concern.

Jesus Christ here we go again. I express even the slightest inkling of concern over something and everybody has to ask the same questions 15 times over, while i re-explain it, 15 times over.

And I'm not doing it this time. Just saying that we eat two kills pretty much guaranteed when we knock bomberman. By killing bomberman we also essentially mislynch.

Also MP is a lot less eager to explain than he normally is.
"I think these people are mafia"
*proceeds to not say why*
"Lynch: some random motherfucker"
"See you guys in like 17 hours."

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #512 on: April 12, 2015, 09:28:37 pm »
Apologies if I was appearing snippy TGG, that wasn't my intention, and it isn't even now. I appreciate your responses to my question, that's not an issue and I want you to know that my problem with your responses aren't connected to you choosing to respond to me. That being said I do have a problem with your responses.

I asked you the following: "What conclusion would you draw if Chief flips Bomb? Specifically with regards to voting, would the Mafia cut their losses, so to speak, and vote for him? Or would they still try to postpone his explosion as long as possible?"
The first time I asked you, you responded with this:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I find it less likely that Cobalt was bomb now. Reason being is that if he is a mafia, he may have taken advantage of the stand in feature to save his mafia role as compensation for fucking up so hard. Because normally people would avoid lynching a stand in because of the previous players' fuck up. Mafia may have encouraged him to go use that plan, but GM is always in the mafia thread. I can't say for certain if Bious would allow them to abuse that feature to save their skin. So it's more likely that is something Cobalt devised on his own if he is mafia.

On the otherhand he could be saving his power role as compensation for fucking up so hard.

Either way I guarantee he isnt roleless. Nobody would try that hard to preserve a roleless card.

Because I mean really, if he is roleless and not PR/Mafia, why wouldnt he just accept the death and not have to deal with the game anymore as opposed to his current action of subout+plead with the thread to not lynch Chief+possibly let Chief die in his place. That is the hardest route imaginable.

I'd be surprised if Chief flips Bomb at this point really.

We need to lynch Chief tomorrow. We cant have the lingering uncertainty.

I asked you what conclusion(s) you would draw if Chief flipped Bomb. You responded by talking around the issue, saying that it's unlikely that Cobalt is Bomb, but reinforce that he is almost certainly not roleless.

The second time you responded with this:
Spoiler for Hiden:
It would make more sense for Mafia to help push the Chief lynch if he were the bomb. Especially with day 1 vote being such a close call. It's an easy sell because of Cobalt's fuck ups.

The role card says that bomberman picks his target to kill with him when lynched. They can kill anybody they want during day phase with a bomberman lynch. It's a double kill phase when they do. It isn't exactly necessary for them to use bombermans ability immediately, but personally I wouldnt see a reason to delay it either.

You again don't talk about any actual conclusions you would draw from Chief flipping Bomb. You instead talk about the possibility of Mafia pushing Chief if he was the Bomb due to how close the Day 1 votes were.

You've danced around my question. I don't like that.

One other thing that's been gnawing at me. Descuff's logic with regards to Cobalt is inconsistent. I'm referring to this post here:
Cobalt's actions in the past phase were likely due to emotional stress. I find it highly unlikely that he was mafia, it just does not fit what he would do as any mafia (though he could still be traitor). A power role civ is more than likely at this point and we need to tread lightly

He claims that Cobalt is under a large amount of stress, so the implication is that Cobalt isn't playing like he normally does. However, he then says that Mafia Cobalt doesn't play like he's been playing this game. But he just established that Cobalt isn't playing a normal, logical game since he's very stressed out and it's affecting his gameplay. He's comparing "Normal Mafia Cobalt" with "Agitated Cobalt" and not finding any similarities, then coming to the conclusion that Cobalt is civilian. That's very flawed logic, and that alone makes me willing to vote him today.

A reminder, votes can't be changed once PM'd to Bious, so don't lock in too early.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1512
« Reply #513 on: April 12, 2015, 09:29:16 pm »

No, sure, lets give the mafia a chance of a free extra kill by recruiting Black Widow. You sure were busy last night.

Honestly, though, theres truth in we know FPSGs alignment. Assuming he isn't able to guess randomly, we can just let him slide until we need to take care of him.

But I dont think theres a better lynch option available, and your list is shit, so FPSG it is.
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #514 on: April 12, 2015, 10:09:25 pm »
What make you so sure? Why a radical shift from null civ to mostly mafia? My defense of Cobalt? The death of Augustus (who thought I was leaning civ)? My pointing out a likely mafia strategy? My tone?

All of the above.

A civilian getting hard defended by another civilian (If Cobalt is civ) is apt to be apprehensive about how said person was hard defending him.  The only way that falls flat is if he has done this to you before on GTF as civilian, and you both were civilian.  However, he has hard cleared you from very early on, and you have just merely accepted it.  You then took a little while longer to defend him, saying that this is the kind of flailing he'd do as a civilian.  Note that not one of your sitemates were willing to step up to this task, nor has corroborated this for you.  Not Augustus, not Jonathan.

Yes, I've seen Cobalt flail like this before as civ, albeit later in the game.  This is why I gave him the benefit of the doubt until later in Day 1.  However, your defense of him seems forced, very passive, and not really wanting to stave off his execution so much as just wanting to say, "Told y'all so," if he's lynched and turns up civilian.

So either you two are lovers, or one is mafia and one is civ and not lovers.  Given Augustus' opening, I doubt the former is the case.

It would also be convenient for Augustus to die if his civ reads are off.  Probably moreso than if his mafia reads are off.  People psychologically tend to dismiss mafia reads by default here unless someone has already been proven right so far, but tend to, for some reason, not discount someone's town reads.

The pointing out a mafia strategy is an easy ploy, to 1) Instill fear in people into following anyone who claims to have been targeted by the traitor while 2) not having the mafia have to do anything else to get inside the civilians' collective mind and mess with them, while 3) making you look clean for seemingly speaking to help the civs when really, that does nothing because 4) the inherent risk of mafia doing such a play is not beneficial enough to gamble on it in the long run, even with a bomber.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #515 on: April 12, 2015, 10:10:35 pm »
And considering up until the end of night phase, I hadn't said much on you, why not kill me?

There's reasons, and part of the reason my list looks like it does amount to those reasons.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #516 on: April 12, 2015, 10:15:40 pm »
As far as XthAtGAm3RGuYX, he is most definitely not himself.  He's playing with something to lose, when even with power roles before, he has never done so.  Why?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #517 on: April 12, 2015, 10:22:53 pm »
Pimp Willy because the moment I changed my stance on Cobalt, he accused me of being mafia.  He has also not directly talked to me but is "sure" I'm mafia.

He would not night kill me for sure, because he would want me lynched, Cobalt lynched, then he'll go vOv and "Guess I'm off in this game."

Hey, it worked for Chief.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #518 on: April 12, 2015, 10:23:44 pm »
Aidebit because something's off with him.  He's usually more helpful and attempting to solve the game.  I don't see that motivation this game.  He looks helpful, but ultimately, he hasn't contributed.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #519 on: April 12, 2015, 10:25:19 pm »

Jesus Christ here we go again. I express even the slightest inkling of concern over something and everybody has to ask the same questions 15 times over, while i re-explain it, 15 times over.

And I'm not doing it this time. Just saying that we eat two kills pretty much guaranteed when we knock bomberman. By killing bomberman we also essentially mislynch.

Also MP is a lot less eager to explain than he normally is.
"I think these people are mafia"
*proceeds to not say why*
"Lynch: some random motherfucker"
"See you guys in like 17 hours."

So you'd rather I invest all my energy into one player and possibly be wrong like before?

I already told you i was changing my style this game.  There you have it.  Someone trying to jump on me for something I already called days ago.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #520 on: April 12, 2015, 10:28:05 pm »
PW, knowing full well how Cobalt reacts when his name gets brought up, continued to antagonize him, I believe fully realizing that he could very well be civilian flailing, but that the sharks would eat it up.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +792
« Reply #521 on: April 12, 2015, 10:34:34 pm »
Holy shit, Alpha's Godonic play actually worked? That's Radical-Fuzz tier material there.

Still, I'm concerned by the following people:
-TGG
-Phoenix
-Blindknagg

People I am reserving judgement on:
-Chief
-kaz

WTF-tier:
-OZ
-DrWilgy
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #522 on: April 12, 2015, 10:44:33 pm »
PW, knowing full well how Cobalt reacts when his name gets brought up, continued to antagonize him, I believe fully realizing that he could very well be civilian flailing, but that the sharks would eat it up.

Please, quote some of this where I continued to antagonize him? I said he was fishy to me, I left, came back and all hell had broken loose; then the only thing I remember doing was voting and asking cobalt if I was doing it right?

I mean, sure maybe thats antagonizing but it was making a point more to the fact

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1925
« Reply #523 on: April 12, 2015, 11:15:40 pm »
k I'm home now so I can gloat properly.

Well last Night went better than expected. I was hoping that Black Widow would be a new player and push this game into Civ-favoured territory, but my secondary goal was to see the reactions from people that knew what I was doing. I'll post all the quotes related to my post (in chronological order) and want your guys' opinion on their reactions.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Bye Alpha! Have fun in GoC! Don't be a stranger!

Best of luck Alpha :tup:

I guess there's no way to stop the Black Widow from converting, then?  Fuck.

But at least we know who we are lynching tomorrow. :tup:

Fucking Alpha. I'm so angry that you're going to get away with this. *shakes fist*

Black Widow, don't fall for it! Also Alpha-kun is so kawaii uguu~

[Definitely not edited by ✰Alpha✰]

Black Widow, don't fall for it!

Shitty internet ate my response to this. Basic gist:
wut
We WANT Black Widow to reveal herself to the civilians.

This sentence bothers me.

This sentence would imply that you know Alpha's allegiance.

You don't?

You don't?

How would I know for a fact that Alpha is civ?

Shitty internet ate my response to this. Basic gist:
wut

I was just trying to help them out! Also, I like saying stupid shit and not being able to respond to forged quotes after I'm dead. I also promise to lynch RadicaFuzz every Day 1 phase forever (including on Skype Mafia).

[Probably not edited by ✰Alpha✰]

The longer version was: If Alpha is mafia, then his alignment will be confirmed when he DQ's and we'll know for certain that Black Widow has converted.

If he's pulling his usual shenanigans and he's a civilian then we get the traitors name, eliminate them and then we have no factions to worry about other than mafia. And perhaps a mafia/civilian lovers pair.

You don't?

Pimp Willy told me Alpha's role in the mafia chat.

As for me being a confirmed Civ now, I'm going to add a catch-22 for the Mafia. I'm roleless, and I can confirm it. From the sign-up thread:

Well that's just an ordinary, run-of-the-mill production from Japan. I'm pretty sure Japanese people feel like paedophiles just for being Japanese.

Look familiar?

I posted that comment before the role cards went public, so unless Bious pulled some Augustus bullshit and let players that aren't roleless know beforehand what the roleless text would be, I'm confirmed roleless. Pimp Willy's also confirmed roleless for picking up on this before the role cards went up (bar Augustus bullshit). Speaking of which...

@Augustus, all you needed to do was survive so that we could have (potentially) 3 confirmed Civs, and you couldn't even survive past Night 1. git gud

Special thanks to @Bious for his lovely PM congratulating me on my stellar performance last Night.
Spoiler for Hiden:
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Obviously I'm not allowed to screenshot it, because that would be breaking the rules, so I'll just paraphrase it.

Quote from: Bious
Wow ✰Alpha✰, that was an incredible play! You easily deserve S-tier and you're most likely going to get MVP! It is clear that you are the most worthy GoC candidate, and this level of skill helps me understand why I wasn't nominated.

So what will you do, Mafia? Will you try to kill me knowing that I'm roleless, giving UC another investigation and gambling with the possibility of the Medic protecting me? Or will you let JTM's GoC representative live as a strong confirmed Civilian voice that can guide the Civs away from doing stupid shit that you want them to do?

HOLD DAT L, NIGGAS.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #524 on: April 12, 2015, 11:24:15 pm »
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45366695/Godonic%20the%20Revedgehog.jpg

FPSG's new avatar.

A room within a room, a door behind a door.

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #525 on: April 12, 2015, 11:24:54 pm »

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #526 on: April 12, 2015, 11:33:08 pm »
Thank you alpha. Also, it easily confirmed a lot of people who didn't pick up on that, who should have. Of course it could be mafia or civ roles, but still nice.

I even gave bious warning but he didn't change it, so unless the mafia knew ahead of time we should be solid
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #527 on: April 13, 2015, 12:23:22 am »
This is where you stoked the fire for Cobalt:

Honestly, my day 1 gut read is Cobalt

Here's where you pounced on:

Yeah I've read the thread

I have 1 huge civ read that I'm not really divulging yet

Mafia, I get the sense that Cobalt is highly likely to be mafia; I get the sense that Aidebit isn't really the kind of player to come out of the gate firing at a player if he really was mafia, so I don't really put his behavior in the mafia camp. And I get the tingles when MP posts, its like I can feel him typing to Cobalt in the mafia chat about how to stop overreacting in the thread.

I think if Mafia is smart, most of their players are just staying shut the fuck up at this point so theres nothing to feed off of though

Even more, you tried to correlate him to me, by saying that I'd be telling him to curb it in the mafia chat.  Did that happen?  No.  Would I do that?  Yes.  Thus the correlation to my and Cobalt being mafia would be where?

The fact is, you've taken subtle stabs at my credibility from the time I showed up in the thread.  Hmmm, I wonder why?  Could it be because I've busted you as mafia both times you've been so when I'm civilian?

So, if you and your hidden chat buddy TGG can drum up interest in mislynching me, get it done.  Once that's done, you're gonna have to take the advice dispensed in your avatar caption.

Anyway, here's everything else you said pertaining to Cobalt, lest someone wants to accuse me of cherry picking posts:

So a lot of people seem to be in the camp that Cobalt has reacted poorly to early votes.

Does the sheer volume of people agreeing his is a good mafia candidate make him more or less likely to be mafia ?

Discuss.

If it was an actual lynch train that people were taking seriously, I'd for sure say its less likely he was mafia. But it wasn't really a lynch train, more just like us voicing our opinions (without commiting votes). At the same time, if Cobalt was actually mafia, I'd be first in line to throw him under the bus for that gameplay anyway, so its a wash

What the fuck is going on around here?

Im in on Cobalt now, because the whole "I quit" thing is either A ruse, or legit. If its a ruse, fuck him lets string him up. If its legit, we can't afford lynching a civ today and having his DQ take us down even further.

Just locked in on Cobalt, FYI

Day 1 is a crapshoot on it's own. Someone admitting to be a role we need to kill is probably worth lynching despite the risk. If she turns up grey spy, good for us. If she turns up bomber, than it's still the best case scenario for us. Getting the extra kills out of the way while we have the most people is probably the best case scenario, getting forced into a corner late game = bad.

I'm going to be voting to lynch Raevyn.

this is a well reasoned, nicely planned post. And, you know what? It bumps you up on my list

Cobalt
Missing Person
BeigeSand

for mafia

She could be the bomb, and cobalt could be the godfather or some other role that's more important, and this is her attempt to save him and hope we forget about him

I really ,really hoped there was some higher level play between Cobalt and Raevyn going on, instead of a couple of friends bitching out and ruining the game for the rest of us.

Seriously, Raevyn cost an entire dimension of the game just because she "Couldn't" play? Then why the fuck did you sign up? We had people like Chief on reserve list that could have tagged in, had Cobalt not dropped out of playing because he's got thinner skin than a translucent beta fish.

But yes, let's congratulate ourselves on lynching the person who wasn't going to play anymore anyway, who literally threw in the towel for absolutely no reason. Great job guys. We're the best.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #528 on: April 13, 2015, 12:34:00 am »
Good shit Alpha PogChamp
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #529 on: April 13, 2015, 01:08:44 am »
Pink isn't someone I'm overly concerned about currently MP. I get what you're saying but I just don't want to start slinging more muck when there's already do much shit to wade through currently.

Ass to mouth, do you think wilgy is scum or just a really special snowflake?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #530 on: April 13, 2015, 01:13:56 am »
I think it's possible that Wilgy is scum.  It's hard to read him, his posts are a cluster of a mess.  So he is another one that's in my pocket.  Probably higher than Chief.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #531 on: April 13, 2015, 01:27:58 am »
Also, since you said it Syn, I'm trying not to tunnel so much anymore.  I'm trying to focus on the thread in general.  So I'm trying to put my efforts in figuring out what makes sense overall.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #532 on: April 13, 2015, 01:35:58 am »
Tunneling isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'm notoriously bad at pursuing people. So having someone else kicking down doors for me is something I appreciate.

But having you step back will mean we can compare notes.

Also we need to ensure that the that doesn't stagnate today after alpha's revelation.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #533 on: April 13, 2015, 01:38:53 am »
Alright, let's compare.

Who are your top 5 town, right now?

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #534 on: April 13, 2015, 01:49:13 am »
Town?
Alpha
Gamer dude
Blind king
Missing person
No idea on the fifth. Don't really trust anyone else enough to stake money on it.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #535 on: April 13, 2015, 01:51:31 am »
Town?
Alpha
Gamer dude
Blind king
Missing person
No idea on the fifth. Don't really trust anyone else enough to stake money on it.

I was also evaluating BK as civilian right now.  Hasn't rang off any bells like he did last game.

Fuzz I also have as civ.  I'd like to see him contribute more at least though.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #536 on: April 13, 2015, 02:58:39 am »
As far as XthAtGAm3RGuYX, he is most definitely not himself.  He's playing with something to lose, when even with power roles before, he has never done so.  Why?

I assure you I have nothing to lose. Though I admit I am rather enjoying myself watching you guys freak out over me actually playing aggressively for a change.

I keep telling you guys but you never listen. When I actually do get mafia, you wouldnt be able to spot me that easily.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #537 on: April 13, 2015, 03:00:17 am »
As for Fuzz I thought my response was satisfactory. You asked me what I thought in regards to if Chief flipped bomb specifically in the context of voting. If Chief flipped bomb, some of his teammates would have voted for him.

If Chief flips bomb, look at who voted for him. You wont find all of them there but you will find more than one most likely.

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #538 on: April 13, 2015, 04:03:03 am »

Announcement to everyone.

Kaz is back. You can expect me to start posting a ton more now.

I'm about 80% recovered from the flu. I'm back at work and posting again. I did have a chance to skim through the thread and get caught up. I, just like Chief literally had no idea on what roles did what and what roles even existed. Also note - my vote last day phase was without me reading the majority of the thread. I'd have voted Raevyn had I seen the conversation about her outing herself as Grey Spy. Last I remember was Cobalt was the train running so I hopped on.

Anyways, MP, the vigi claim was a joke ( which I'm sure you're well aware of). I am curious however about you being sure of descuffphoenix. How can you be certain of him? What's his past history like? I'll vote with you maybe but I can see where XthAtGAm3RGuY isn't playing like he usually does.

I'd rather go with XthAtGAm3RGuY to be honest. Have you locked your vote already?

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #539 on: April 13, 2015, 04:17:03 am »
Of course! One must live life on the edge to experience it fully!

I would also like to point out that Blindknagg hasn't responded since I asked if there was something they didn't wan't revealed to the world and has been online this entire time.
Last Active: Today at 04:25:46 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Why would you, as a civ, not point out that there was an error in the vote tally that could result in a tie that close to the deadline? What debate could there possibly be from Cobalt when he had requested to get subbed out from the game?

It's simple, I was confident that Raevyn was going to get lynched. Both civ and maf wanted the grey dead. Just because Cobalt requested out doesn't mean they want their team to lose, so why should I be the one to end the pressure on Cobalt? or were you afraid that they would slip up and reveal something Blindknagg?

Spoiler for Hiden:

one must draw out the darkness in human hearts before one can pass judement

I didn't answer that because there's nothing for me to fear from Cobalt "slipping up" any worse than he's already done. Let me ask you a similar question then, is there something you don't want to be revealed if Cobalt was lynched which urged you to vote for Raevyn? Why not disclose in the thread who you're voting for if you're so sure that the Raevyn lynch would go through?

Pretty confident in a vote that squeeked through by 1 vote?

Really?

Tsk tsk

I agree with this. Only reason she died and Cobalt/Chief is still alive is because me and GDude missed the vote.

Also, I always have a tab open when my computer is running at home even if I'm not actively watching the thread so don't get surprised if I appear to be online when I'm off doing other things.

Gamer Dude

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +35
« Reply #540 on: April 13, 2015, 05:46:33 am »
Alrighty I'm back

I simply forgot to vote and missed the early morning deadline. I would have ofc voted for Cobalt and I made that quite clear. If my lack of vote changed the lynched than I apologize for that but by the looks of it we still did alright.

Gamer Dude

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #541 on: April 13, 2015, 05:48:06 am »
I also didn't realize you guys talk so much during the night phase

Gamer Dude

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #542 on: April 13, 2015, 06:00:02 am »
Also I 100% agree with MP.

Descuff sounded off to me yesterday. And has continue to make posts today which heavily suggest he's mafia.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #543 on: April 13, 2015, 06:11:02 am »
Different doesn't mean dirty.

The few of you who want to Lynch me, why not actually pull up something definitive instead of being lazy as fuck about it. "He's different and mean I dun liek it!" Isn't sufficient for calling me Mafia, or alluding to it. MP your effort thus far has disappointed me especially. Whereas you normally have walls of text, all you've done is.

"TGG is at the top of my list. I don't like him. Lets Lynch him."

Pathetic. By this logic, you're the most Mafia sounding to me because you're playing different. That's fair right? Also if you're Mafia trying to push my mislynch, you're doing it wrong.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #544 on: April 13, 2015, 06:16:44 am »

I assure you I have nothing to lose. Though I admit I am rather enjoying myself watching you guys freak out over me actually playing aggressively for a change.

I keep telling you guys but you never listen. When I actually do get mafia, you wouldnt be able to spot me that easily.

Au contraire, TGG, I see you playing with more passivity than you usually do.  That's what I was getting at.

Announcement to everyone.

Kaz is back. You can expect me to start posting a ton more now.

I'm about 80% recovered from the flu. I'm back at work and posting again. I did have a chance to skim through the thread and get caught up. I, just like Chief literally had no idea on what roles did what and what roles even existed. Also note - my vote last day phase was without me reading the majority of the thread. I'd have voted Raevyn had I seen the conversation about her outing herself as Grey Spy. Last I remember was Cobalt was the train running so I hopped on.

Anyways, MP, the vigi claim was a joke ( which I'm sure you're well aware of). I am curious however about you being sure of descuffphoenix. How can you be certain of him? What's his past history like? I'll vote with you maybe but I can see where XthAtGAm3RGuY isn't playing like he usually does.

I'd rather go with XthAtGAm3RGuY to be honest. Have you locked your vote already?

I haven't played with descuff, no one except @JonathanT88 has played with him that's still in this game (And I'd love to have him chime in on descuff sometime before deadline), but I'm fairly sure, just based off what psychologically makes sense to me given how this game has played out so far.

@Synonym could also chime in and quantify it better than i could most likely, as we're on similar pages regarding him.

I'm also not opposed to a TGG lynch myself kaz.  I want to hear more from Syn as well.  I'd be more than happy to lynch descuff, PW, or TGG today, but I don't see PW gaining traction yet.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #545 on: April 13, 2015, 06:17:41 am »
Moreover, TGG, have you ever answered Fuzz's question instead of beating around the bush?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #546 on: April 13, 2015, 06:18:15 am »
@Gamer Dude

Would you support a descuff lynch?  Would you support a TGG lynch?

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
« Reply #547 on: April 13, 2015, 06:19:47 am »
@Gamer Dude  - Where do you think your vote will go? I'm pretty set on FPSG right now, and would like to hear your opinion on voting for him.

@Missing Person - Why do you think that we shouldn't pursue FPSG right now? (sorry if I'm making any false assumptions)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #548 on: April 13, 2015, 06:22:11 am »
Apologies if I was appearing snippy TGG, that wasn't my intention, and it isn't even now. I appreciate your responses to my question, that's not an issue and I want you to know that my problem with your responses aren't connected to you choosing to respond to me. That being said I do have a problem with your responses.

I asked you the following: "What conclusion would you draw if Chief flips Bomb? Specifically with regards to voting, would the Mafia cut their losses, so to speak, and vote for him? Or would they still try to postpone his explosion as long as possible?"
The first time I asked you, you responded with this:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I find it less likely that Cobalt was bomb now. Reason being is that if he is a mafia, he may have taken advantage of the stand in feature to save his mafia role as compensation for fucking up so hard. Because normally people would avoid lynching a stand in because of the previous players' fuck up. Mafia may have encouraged him to go use that plan, but GM is always in the mafia thread. I can't say for certain if Bious would allow them to abuse that feature to save their skin. So it's more likely that is something Cobalt devised on his own if he is mafia.

On the otherhand he could be saving his power role as compensation for fucking up so hard.

Either way I guarantee he isnt roleless. Nobody would try that hard to preserve a roleless card.

Because I mean really, if he is roleless and not PR/Mafia, why wouldnt he just accept the death and not have to deal with the game anymore as opposed to his current action of subout+plead with the thread to not lynch Chief+possibly let Chief die in his place. That is the hardest route imaginable.

I'd be surprised if Chief flips Bomb at this point really.

We need to lynch Chief tomorrow. We cant have the lingering uncertainty.

I asked you what conclusion(s) you would draw if Chief flipped Bomb. You responded by talking around the issue, saying that it's unlikely that Cobalt is Bomb, but reinforce that he is almost certainly not roleless.

The second time you responded with this:
Spoiler for Hiden:
It would make more sense for Mafia to help push the Chief lynch if he were the bomb. Especially with day 1 vote being such a close call. It's an easy sell because of Cobalt's fuck ups.

The role card says that bomberman picks his target to kill with him when lynched. They can kill anybody they want during day phase with a bomberman lynch. It's a double kill phase when they do. It isn't exactly necessary for them to use bombermans ability immediately, but personally I wouldnt see a reason to delay it either.

You again don't talk about any actual conclusions you would draw from Chief flipping Bomb. You instead talk about the possibility of Mafia pushing Chief if he was the Bomb due to how close the Day 1 votes were.

You've danced around my question. I don't like that.

Nope, you haven't, from your rebuttal.

As for Fuzz I thought my response was satisfactory. You asked me what I thought in regards to if Chief flipped bomb specifically in the context of voting. If Chief flipped bomb, some of his teammates would have voted for him.

If Chief flips bomb, look at who voted for him. You wont find all of them there but you will find more than one most likely.

You're skirting questions you would never skirt.  Aside from the passivity you're displaying, I don't like you this game for this reason.

You're scummy, and I vote scummy people.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #549 on: April 13, 2015, 06:23:56 am »
@Missing Person - Why do you think that we shouldn't pursue FPSG right now? (sorry if I'm making any false assumptions)

The thing is, we now know who the traitor is.  If he continues to flail at finding mafia, then we can lynch him later, or vigi kill him if the nurse gets whacked.  If he finds mafia, then we just know to lynch him.  Apparently it will show in the writeup that he turns, since a failed attempt was shown.

My question is, why should we lynch him right now?